We are pleased to offer special rates at two area hotels (The New Yorker Hotel and the Hotel Newton), each a subway ride from Columbia's campus. Also, Columbia Campus Housing is available at rates much lower than typical New York hotels. See below for details. Note that all costs are in US dollars ($) and do not include taxes.
The New Yorker Hotel
We have chosen the New Yorker Hotel as the primary conference hotel, located at 34th Street and 8th Avenue. The New Yorker Hotel is an easy 15 to 20-minute subway ride from Columbia's campus. It is across the street from Madison Square Garden and Penn Station. It is a short walk across town to the Empire State Building and to Macy's department store (see Miracle on 34th Street).
We have reserved a large number of rooms at special conference rates:
To make reservations at these special rates, call +1-800-764-4680 between the hours of 9am-4pm EST (New York time). Be sure to request the AAMAS group rate. Rooms will be held until May 21, 2004, and they will be available on a first-come, first-served basis after that.
- $105 per night for a queen room (one queen-size bed)
- $105 per night for a king room (one king-size bed)
- $125 per night for a quad (two double beds)
- $159 per night for a mini queen suite (one bedroom with a queen-size bed and a sitting room with a pull-out double bed)
- $225 per night for a tower room (one queen-size bed, with a great view)
The Hotel Newton is located at Broadway and 94th Street, a 8-10 minute subway ride from Columbia. It is also a nice walk (approximately 1.25 miles). It is a relatively small hotel and so cannot save a block of rooms for us. However, you can call them and book a room at the Columbia rate.
To make reservations, call +1 212 678 6500 or toll-free within the USA +1 800 643 5553 between the hours of 9am-5pm EST (New York time). Fax: +1 212 678 6758. Be sure to request the Columbia rate.
- $105 per night for a single room (one double bed for 1-2 people)
- $120 per night for a double room (two double beds for 2-4 people)
Columbia Campus Housing
NO LONGER ACCEPTING NEW RESERVATIONS.
For attendees having already reserved rooms in Columbia Housing: please note that Carman Hall has been oversubscribed . We have arranged for rooms in several other residence halls at Columbia: descriptions and costs are available here. Should you have preferences among the available options, or wish to cancel your Columbia housing, please fill out the Housing Preference Form by July 1rst. Otherwise we will assume you are indifferent as to the residence hall in which you are placed. Your credit card will NOT be charged until we give you your final assignment to one of the campus residence halls after we have collected and processed all of the housing requests.
Note: while we will do our best to honor your requests, we cannot guarantee that you will get the housing you desire
Single and double rooms are available in Carman Hall, which is located on Columbia's Morningside Heights campus and is adjacent to the conference center where the main technical portions of AAMAS will be held (Lerner Hall). Rooms will be held until May 21, 2004.
$55 per night for a single room (one person).
$80 per night for a double room (1-2 people).
Please click here for an on-campus housing request form.
- Air-conditioned facilities with room thermostats for your individual comfort
- Full linen service available
- Free high speed 10/100 ethernet access in all rooms
- Free internet terminals in building lobby for guest use
- Calling-card-assisted off-campus and long distance service
- Lounge areas/TV rooms
- Small communal kitchens available
- Newly renovated facilities
- 24-hour guard service
- Laundry facilities in the building (for a fee)
- All rooms are NON-smoking.